Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
Anytime I ask anyone in my family, “what do you feel like for dinner?”
I can guarantee you, the answer will be “can you make that cannelloni?”
It is so easy to make and so incredibly tasty and satisfying.
And the best bit… the kids love having the cannelloni for their school lunches the next day!
I process 3 slices of stale bread for breadcrumbs…
I add hot water to the spinach until it wilts, then run cold water over it before chopping…
I place the breadcrumbs, spinach and a cup of grated parmesan in a bowl…
I add the ricotta and season with salt and pepper…
And use my hands to squish it all together!
I open a jar of tomato sauce and cover the base of baking dish
(I prefer 650ml jar of Five Brothers ‘Grilled Summer Vegetables’)
I stuff and layer the cannelloni over the sauce.
Open another jar of sauce and spread it over the top of the cannelloni.
Then sprinkle a good dose of cheese!
Bake for about 30 mins and you’re done!
2 x 650ml Jars of readymade tomato pasta sauce
1 Box Cannelloni Tubes
2 Bunches Spinach (I use two bags of washed baby spinach leaves)
750-800g Fresh Low Fat Ricotta
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Fresh Breadcrumbs (about 3 slices of bread processed)
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
2 Cups Grated Cheese (I use Pizza Mix)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Blanch the spinach by dropping into a saucepan of boiling water for 5 seconds.
3. Put under cold water, then drain and squeeze out any excess moisture, chop.
4. Combine the spinach, ricotta, parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
5. Spread one jar of tomato sauce over the base of a baking dish.
6. Stuff cannelloni tubes with filling and layer over sauce.
7. Pour remaining jar of sauce over the cannelloni, sprinkle grated cheese over the top.
8. Bake for 25-30 mins.
Pingback: Salted Butter Break-Ups | The Good Life
March 19, 2011 at 11:15 pm
This looks heavenly! I definitely need to make this one day..I’m fasting now (no dairy) but when I’m done fasting, I’m going to make this! Yummy!
April 10, 2011 at 3:24 am
You have such great photography (on all the posts), this one I can almost taste!